Saturday (Mostly Space) Stories!
- Big Data in Spaaaaace
- I think it’s important to investigate the sausage factory of science…after the results have been declared satisfactory. Scrutiny during the process extends deadlines indefinitely – too much pressure to get it right on the first try. It’s not an experiment if there’s not a possibility of failure.
- Balloons to space are definitely cool, but I think this illustrates how bad the government is at regulating. To actually stay in space, you need a lot more horizontal velocity than vertical, so I wouldn’t call this a launch vehicle at all.
- I'm tempted to be extreme and say we shouldn't be allowed to get Martian samples unless they're in human hands
- I, for one, salute our incumbent bouncing overlords.
- We need to separate learning a trade and training to learn
- The only way to truly get politics out of space is to get space out of politics